An introduction to a range of Android Tablets for new owners who would like to get more out of it.
• Demonstrate the basic controls
• Set up your tablet with an ID and email account
• Recognise common symbols and terms associated with tablets
• Use common gestures to operate your tablet
• Select, organise, open and close apps from the Home Screen
• Adjust basic settings including connecting to wi-fi
• Use the camera and video recorder
• Find and install apps from the Store
• Find and install music, films, etc from the store
A general knowledge of computing with traditional laptops/computers would be an advantage but is not essential. Please indicate what type of tablet you have when booking.
You will need to bring
• Paper and pen
• A folder to keep handouts in.
• Your own android tablet (charged)
• Your email address and password
NB: this course is for Android tablets and is not suitable for those with an iPad or Windows device.
This Course could lead to:
Buying and selling on Ebay
An introduction to Facebook
Get to know you iPad
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
To book, please pop into the Library or phone 02392 461 534.